Dr Adam Deller
Dr Adam Deller is an astrophysicist whose research is concerned with the physics of compact objects (neutron stars and black holes).
Dr Deller studies this area primarily through observations with radio telescopes. He investigate fast radio bursts, radio pulsars, X-ray binaries, and radio Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN), often using Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI). His work also involves developing instrumentation for radio interferometers, particularly correlators deployed on commodity computing hardware.
Before joining Swinburne, Dr Deller worked at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) in the US, and at the Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy (ASTRON) in the Netherlands.
Pulsars; Square Kilometre Array
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Stellar Astronomy And Planetary Systems - 510109
- Astronomical Instrumentation - 510102
- Cosmology And Extragalactic Astronomy - 510103
- Space Instrumentation - 510906
Scientific Computing and Visualisation;Star and Planet Formation
Also published as: Deller, Adam; Deller, A.; Deller, A. T.; Deller, Adam T.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Constructing the SKA Pulsar Timing Processor PI18 *; FOURIERSPACE_FS
- 2022: Constructing the SKA Pulsar Timing Processor PI14 *; FOURIERSPACE_FS
- 2022: Constructing the SKA Pulsar Timing Processor PI15 *; FOURIERSPACE_FS
- 2022: Constructing the SKA Pulsar Timing Processor PI16 *; FOURIERSPACE_FS
- 2022: Illuminating the cosmic web with Fast Radio Bursts *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2022: LTAO Keck RTC extension - Phase *; Microgate Srl
- 2021: Constructing the SKA pulsar timing processor *; FOURIERSPACE_FS
- 2020: A major upgrade to the Australia Telescope Compact Array *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2020: AIM-GWM: Afterglow Imaging and Modelling of Gravitational-Wave Mergers *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Completing the SKA-1 Pulsar Timing Processor Bridging Activities *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2019: Lexus Commercial Transmission *; M&C Saatchi
- 2018: Pinpointing the origin of fast radio bursts *; CSIRO Post-Grad Scholarships
- 2018: Real Time Controller Systems for use in Keck Laser Guide Start Adaptive Optics System *; Microgate Srl
- 2017: Completing the pulsar timing sub-element design for the Square Kilometre Array *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2007: Developing the Swinburne software correlator to process data from the Indian Giant Metre Wave Radio Telescope, for enhanced low frequency astrophysics *; Australia-India Strategic Research Fund
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display