Dr Stephane Shepherd
Stephane is Associate Professor and an ARC DECRA Fellow at the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science.He holds a Bachelor of Arts (Criminology), a Masters degree and he completed his PhD in Forensic Psychology at Monash University in 2013. Research interests include: youth violence, violence risk assessment, risk and protective factors for offending across gender and ethnicity, and cross-cultural mental health. Stephane was awarded the 2015 Inaugural Fulbright Scholarship in Cultural Competence, the 2016 International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services Young scholar of the year, and the 2018 American Psychology-Law Society Saleem Shah award for early career excellence. He was also named an ABC Top 5 researcher under 40 in 2020, and was also the recipient of the Victorian Multicultural Award for Excellence in Justice.
Fields of Research
- Forensic Psychology - 520103
- Causes And Prevention Of Crime - 440201
- Multicultural, Intercultural And Cross-cultural Studies - 470212
Also published as: Shepherd, Stephane; Shepherd, S.; Shepherd, S. M.; Shepherd, Stephane M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
- 2021-08-13: Isn't being an Olympian enough? The curious case of Peter Bol - ABC
- 2021-07-15: The Melbourne Towers' hard lockdown - one year on - ABC
- 2021-05-11: For attitudes to change more African voices are needed - The Age
- 2021-03-26: How to reduce the high numbers of African Australians in jail - BBC
- 2021-02-17: How understanding one statistic became Dr. Stephane Shepherd's life work - ABC
- 2020-11-16: How to support staff in a time of turmoil for universities - The Conversation
- 2020-07-31: TOP 5 Humanities participants for 2020 announced - ABC
- 2020-05-03: Early release of prisoners a worthy idea, but risks too high - The Age
- 2017-01-04: Australia’s Prime Minister Warns of ‘Gang Violence’ by African Migrants - New York Times
- 2016-08-19: Turning Native kids into criminals - Indian Country
- 2015-05-17: Researcher Dr. Stephane Shepherd wins Fulbright Scholarship - Herald Sun
There are no media images to display