Dr James Hamlyn-Harris
M Info Tech (Internet Computing), Swinburne, Australia; PhD (Engineering), Uni of Qld, Australia; MAppSc, RMIT, Australia; BAppSc, RMIT, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Dr James Hamlyn-Harris MACS is Deputy Chair of the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in the School of Software and Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
His qualifications include a Master of IT (Internet Computing) and a Graduate Certificate in eForensics.
He teaches computer programming, data communications and internet security and manages the Swinburne Cyber Security Club and Swinburne's teams in the national Cyber Security Challenge Australia. He supervises research into delay-tolerant networks, network security and internet of things.
He is an active participant in community-driven security events such as RuxCon, the Open Web Application Security Project and national and international security competitions such as the US-based Cyber Security Awareness Week Capture-the-flag (CTF) competitions.
Internet security, Computer security
Fields of Research
- Computer System Security - 080303
- Operating Systems - 080307
- Materials Engineering - 091200
Also published as: Hamlyn-Harris, James; Hamlyn-Harris, J.; Hamlyn-Harris, James H.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
- 2017-09-30: Interview with Robert Beaver on pacemaker security - 6PR Radio
- 2017-09-05: Interview with Tess Connery - 2SER Radio
- 2017-09-05: Three reasons why pacemakers are vulnerable to hacking - The Conversation
- 2016-11-25: The Leak - Channel 31
- 2016-10-04: Why health implants should have open source code - The Conversation
- 2015-03-06: Hackers' kit bag: the tools that terrorise the internet - The Conversation
- 2013-07-02: Ten ways you can avoid being caught in the PRISM net - The Conversation
- 2013-06-28: A password you can swallow? Dont hold your breath - The Conversation
- 2013-04-04: Hacks and hackers with Dr James H Hamlyn-Harris - 2SER Radio
- 2013-04-02: Explainer: What is hacking? - The Conversation
- 2012-03-30: Pay TV-smart card hacking - how easy is it? - The Conversation