The effects of CoQ10 on cognition and mood
Would you be interested in taking part in a study investigating the effects of CoQ10 on cognition, mood and cardiovascular function? Researchers at the Centre for Human Psychopharmacology are looking for people interested in this area of research. Involvement would include three in-person visits to Swinburne University, Hawthorn campus, and two online cognitive tests in the comfort of your own home over a 3 month period.
You may be eligible to participate if you*:
- are aged over 60
- are a non-smoker
- are in good general health
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- have no current endocrine, gastrointestinal or bleeding disorders
- have no history of dementia, stroke or neurological disease (e.g. Alzheimer’s Disease)
- have no history of significant brain trauma, stroke, loss of consciousness, epilepsy
- have no history of alcohol or drug dependency
- have no history of anxiety, depression or other psychiatric disorders requiring treatment in the last 2 years
- are not suffering from heart disease or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- are not on certain medications (to be determined by the researchers) that may affect the study outcome
- are willing to provide blood samples throughout the testing phases
*Please note there are additional eligiblity criteria to participate in this study.
What does participation involve?
Participation in the study will involve attending the Centre for Human Psychopharmacology at Swinburne University in Hawthorn on three separate occasions, and two online testing sessions at home over a three-month period, and taking CoQ10 (or placebo) daily during this period. In-person testing sessions will take approximately 3 hours each, whereas online testing sessions will require approximately 45 minutes each.
You will be reimbursed for completing this study to cover your time and travel expenses.
If you are interested in participating, please fill in your details below and one of our team members will give you a call to discuss further.
The CoQ10 team
t: +61 3 9214 5243
Fields marked with an * are mandatory.