Training and Events
Please check back regularly for updated information. To discuss any specific requirements please contact us:
- t: +61 3 9214 4810
- e: email@example.com
Connecting with Tomorrow: Enhancing Health Literacy, Eliminating Inequity
Event dates: 25–27 November 2019
The Centre for Global Health and Equity is running an intensive 3-day masterclass in how to develop fit-for-purpose interventions to reduce inequities in who can access and use health services. The masterclass is designed for:
- health professionals
- health planners
- policy makers
- anyone active in health promotion and community services.
The latest health literacy research and practices will inform the masterclass, including:
- the Ophelia (OPtimising HEalth LIteracy and Access) process, which allows you to identify and respond to health literacy needs.
- our popular Health Literacy Questionnaire (HLQ), which enables needs assessment, evaluation, and quality improvement.
By the end of the masterclass, you will:
- understand the scope and determinants of health literacy
- be able to design your own health literacy intervention
- recognise the role of health literacy in health inequity
- be ready to apply the Ophelia process to implement and evaluate inventions in your setting
- know how to use the HLQ to identify diverse health literacy challenges
- be familiar with participatory and place-based approaches to health literacy (organisational and community)
- have been exposed to international perspectives in health literacy policy and practice.
Your facilitators are:
- Professor Richard Osborne
- Associate Professor Roy Batterham
- Dr Shandell Elmer