About this study
We're looking for people who would like to take part in a study investigating the effects of a micronutrient formulation on memory, cognitive function and mood. It consists of a three-month trial involving three in-person visits to Swinburne University (Hawthorn campus) as well as three online sessions (taking place in your own home).
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- are aged between 50–75 years
- are in good general health
- have not been diagnosed with dementia or depression/anxiety/other psychiatric disorders
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- are a non-smoker
- do not have any gastrointestinal or cardiovascular disorders
- are willing to provide blood samples at each testing visit.
Participation will involve:
- attending the Centre for Human Psychopharmacology on three separate occasions over a three-month period
- completing questionnaires and cognitive tasks in your own home on three occasions
- taking a micronutrient formulation (or placebo) twice daily during this period.
Testing sessions will take between 1.5 and 5 hours (you will be provided with a light meal at each visit). There is also an optional brain-imaging component to this study. Participants who are interested and eligible for this component will be required to spend up to an additional 1.5 hours at each on-site testing visit. You will be reimbursed for completing this study to cover your time and travel expenses.
If you’re interested in participating, please complete the form below and we will be in touch.