About this study
We’re asking patients who have been prescribed medicinal cannabis by their doctor to share their experiences with us. Patients who want to be involved will allow us to access their de-identified health records (we won’t know their name or contact details) and can opt to complete a survey at regular intervals. We will not be recruiting participants from the general public for this study.
The study will:
- use health information, pharmacist telephone interviews and online surveys to collect data
- look at the relationships between medicinal cannabis, use of other medications for their condition, pain, symptoms, quality of life, mood and sleep
- find out whether different formulations and doses of medicinal cannabis are effective for treating symptoms of different health conditions
- monitor the safety and side effects of different doses and formulations of medicinal cannabis
- increase our knowledge of patient use of medicinal cannabis, its efficacy and safety.
This study is in the early stages of data collection. We have started collecting some data, but the study will continue for at least another 12 months.
For further enquiries
Dr Sarah Catchlove
+61 3 9214 5483