Dosage patterns and efficacy of medicinal cannabis
We want to find out whether prescribed medicinal cannabis is effective for the treatment of symptoms associated with different health conditions such as anxiety, pain and epilepsy. We will also assess the safety of different doses and formulations of medicinal cannabis.
About this study
We’re asking patients who have been prescribed medicinal cannabis by their doctor to share their experiences with us. Patients who want to be involved will allow us to access their de-identified health records (we won’t know their name or contact details) and can opt to complete a survey at regular intervals. We will not be recruiting participants from the general public for this study.
The study will:
- use health information, pharmacist telephone interviews and online surveys to collect data
- look at the relationships between medicinal cannabis, use of other medications for their condition, pain, symptoms, quality of life, mood and sleep
- find out whether different formulations and doses of medicinal cannabis are effective for treating symptoms of different health conditions
- monitor the safety and side effects of different doses and formulations of medicinal cannabis
- increase our knowledge of patient use of medicinal cannabis, its efficacy and safety.
This study is in the early stages of data collection. We have started collecting some data, but the study will continue for at least another 12 months.
For further enquiries
Dr Sarah Catchlove
Our research ethics and integrity
Our researchers are committed to the highest ethical, professional and scholarly standards. All our studies conform to the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, Good Clinical Practice and the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research.
Contact the Centre for Human Psychopharmacology
There are many ways to engage with us. If your organisation is dealing with a complex problem, get in touch to discuss how we can work together to provide solutions. Call us on +61 3 9214 4444 or email email@example.com.