Revamped Library Latelab opens at Hawthorn campus
- The newly refurbished Swinburne Hawthorn Library Latelab is now open
- The space is accessible to students 24-hours a day, seven days a week and includes new features to help students get the most out of their studies
- The Latelab upgrade is part of a series of improvements made to the Hawthorn Library this year
The refurbished Latelab at Swinburne’s Hawthorn campus has reopened with over 5,000 students already benefitting from the new facility.
The Latelab, located on level 1 of the Hawthorn Library, is a dedicated study space accessible to students 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
The Latelab is open all-day, everday (except Christmas, New Years and for emergency maintenance).
It has recently been upgraded with new features to help students get the most out of their studies, including:
- Over 200 new PCs and Macs
- Five meetings rooms available to book
- Roving staff for IT help
- Additional charging points and tech vending machines
- Print and copy facilities
- Casual seating to collaborate on group projects or focus on solo assignments
- Two training rooms to access information, teaching and research support from liaison librarians
- A new entrance on John Street
The reburbished Latelab inlcudes over 200 new PCs and Macs.
Students can use their student ID card to access the Latelab outside Library opening hours via the new John Street entrance.
More than 5,000 students a week are already benefitting from the revamped Latelab. This number is expected to grow as Semester 2 begins.
The Latelab refurbishment is one of several improvements made to the Hawthorn Library this year. Level 2 of the Library has also recently been transformed. The space now houses studentHQ, the international student counter, Housing & Finance advisers, a Medibank insurance presence, TechBAR, equipment loans, book returns, more casual seating and power points, and a new cafe.
Need a quiet space to work on a group project? Book one of the Latelab's five new meeting rooms.
The improvements to the Hawthorn Library are part of Swinburne’s continued commitment to transforming the learning and student experience.
For more information, students can visit: Library & studentHQ Refurbishment, while staff can check out: Library Improvements.
Media enquiries0455 502 999