Visit key media companies in China across a broad range of fields, connect with local students through our partner institutions and explore famous cultural sites like the Great Wall.
- Locations: China
- Dates: June 2021 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Eligible students: Undergraduate
- Cost: TBC
- Application submission: Applications are now open and will be assessed with offers made on a rolling basis until places are filled
- Application close date: March 2021
- Unit code: MBA20024
The Global Media Study Tour will provide an opportunity for you to engage with international media industries and their surrounding cultures. Media and Communication is one of the fastest evolving industries in the world today, and nowhere is this more apparent than in China, where innovation is occurring at breathtaking speed and scale.
The tour is designed for students from all disciplines within Media and Communication, and will allow you to approach the tour from your own particular disciplinary perspective.
- Industry visits
- Cultural visits
The Great Wall of China in Beijing.
The program has been developed around two key themes, through which you will gain an unparalleled insight into how media and communication is developing in China:
- Media industries: You will visit key companies across a broad range of media and communication fields, and be given an opportunity to ask questions based around your particular areas of interest.
- Media cultures: You will connect with local Chinese students through Swinburne’s partner institutions and explore similarities and differences in media production and consumption habits.
- Proposed industry visits: Advertising, marketing and brand management, news, social media, publishing (the final list of industry visits will be tailored to suit the group of students who apply for this tour).
- Proposed cultural visits: Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Pearl Tower, Shanghai Bund, Yu Gardens and Night Markets.