Architecture of Insight: Data Science Symposium
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Thursday 7 - Friday 8 February 2019|
|Venue:||AGSE202, 50 Wakefield St, Hawthorn Campus|
About the event
This symposium will bring together policy analysts, researchers and stakeholders from industry and government to share the most recent and exciting advances and practices of data science across multiple application domains. We will accelerate participants product development and show how to use data-driven business strategies to achieve market-focused innovations.
The two-day program will be delivered by industry partners along with leading policy analysts, data scientists and computer scientists from the Centre for Transformative Innovation and Data Science Research Institute at Swinburne University of Technology.
The symposium will enable you to:
- Learn the latest technical and practical knowledge about data-driven analytics in academic, industry and government sectors.
- Identify and develop data-driven business plans to help improve overall business strategic outcomes.
- Learn from examples in industry and academia of how data can improve the innovative capacity of organisations.
- Investigate, analyse and communicate the core issues and technical components necessary for conducting data science projects.
- Interpret and analyse the lifecycle and financial impact of data science projects.
- Define best practice for the collection, storage and governance of data.
- Learn how to create an analytic pipeline.
Day 1: Impact and Practices of Data-Driven Society
- The role of data science in academia and industries
- Data science stories and the impact of data science in various domains
- Data-driven policy settings in economics
Day 2: Data Science Research and Applications
- Data science strategies
- Intellectual property analytics
- Social network analysis
- Digital healthcare and businesses
Contact Information: Dr Sahar Araghi