CXI X2: EX & CX Aligned
|Date:||Thursday 29 November 2018|
|Time:||9:30AM to 3:30PM|
|Venue:||The Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval, Richmond Football Club Yarra Park, Richmond, Victoria, 3121 -->|
|Early bird (available until 26 October):||$ $450|
|Full registration:||$ $550|
Join Swinburne's Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research Group and Design Factory Melbourne for an intense day of creative learning and problem solving with a diverse range of customer-focused professionals.
About X² EX & CX
Align your employees and your customers. In this one-day intensive workshop, learn about:
- developing a customer-focused view
- employing design-thinking methods
- breaking through organisational silos to focus on the customer.
X² is a hands-on one-day learning experience focused on creative thinking and collaboration. In this intensive workshop, learn about developing a customer-focused view, employing design thinking methods and breaking through organisational silos to focus on the customer.
Connect a diverse range of professionals across organisations and industries to share knowledge and solve problems.
At the end of the day, you will walk away with new insights and ideas, as well as practical tools for implementing them in your organisation. Along the way you will build a network with a diverse range of customer-focused professionals.
Part 1: Listen - Insights
To inspire you, the day will start with two insights-based presentations focused on common issues shared by all industries:
Graphic recorder Jessamy Gee from Think In Colour will visually capture the key insights from the presentations. Watch Jessamy distill these insights in real time, drawing them live to visualise and clarify key themes and takeaways. These graphic recordings will subsequently be available to everyone who attends, summarising the day's themes in a visually engaging format ideal for reviewing and sharing with colleagues.
Part 2: Do - Collaborative workshop
To build on these fresh insights, you will partake in a collaborative design thinking exercise facilitated by Tiina Tuulos (Innovation Coach) and Pauliina Mattila (Coach) from Design Factory Melbourne (DFM). Based at Swinburne University of Technology, DFM is part of the Design Factory Network – a global network of universities offering innovative education, research and partnerships.
These innovation and design thinking experts will keep you on-track and customer-focused while you work in a small group of likeminded professionals. Together you will use new ways of thinking to workshop the problems affecting your organisations and develop shared solutions.
Part 3: Persuade - Communication workshop
Design thinking can help you find the solutions, but implementing them is another story. Therefore, to bring it all together, communication coach Jon Hopwood from Social Agility will give you practical tools to take your fresh insights and ideas back to your organisation.
With a focus on achieving buy-in from your colleagues – a necessary first step for implementing the solutions developed through design thinking – Jon will teach you how to integrate your insights and share them with your colleagues, persuasively.
- Collaborative ways of thinking and solving problems within and across organisations.
- Specific ideas for solving your organisational problems.
- Techniques for persuading your colleagues and achieving organisational buy-in.
- A printed copy of the annual CXI Inspiration Review, with content looking back on the key trends of 2018 and forward to 2019.
- Digital copies of on-the-spot visualisations of the morning's presentations by Jessamy Gee, ideal for reviewing the day's insights and sharing with colleagues.
How to register
- Tea and coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
- Early bird registration ends Friday 26 October.
- Registrations close Friday 26 November.
- CXI Exchange Partners receive two complimentary tickets (contact Kristy Horne email@example.com to enquire).
Who should attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Managing Directors
- Chief Operating Officers
- Marketing Directors
- Marketing Managers
- Regional and State Managers
- Merchandising Managers
- Digital/E-business Executives
9am Registration opens, tea and coffee, group allocation
9.15am Presentation by Sean Sands
9.30am Presentation by Rachael Powell
10am Coffee break and networking
10.30am Design thinking workshop
12.30 Lunch break
1.15pm Group presentations
3pm Persuasive communication workshop