Design 4 Health 2017
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||4—7 December 2017|
|Venue:||Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Brunton Ave, Richmond, VIC 3002 -->|
Swinburne's Centre for Design Innovation, the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design and the Lab4Living at Sheffield Hallam University’s Art and Design Research Centre are delighted to host Design 4 Health, a three-day global conference.
This biennial event invites the world of health and design together to combine ideas and research for common purpose.
Call for papers
The conference’s Scientific Committee would like to invite presentations and design exhibits from researchers and practitioners across the areas of design and health to develop new dialogues and offer different perspectives with a focus on designing with people. To this end we also encourage submissions from individuals using products and services, spaces and cities in order to the share real-life experiences.
Along with formal paper presentations, the conference will host an exhibition. This platform for sharing research, offering provocations and posing questions will form an integral part of the discourse generated. We also invite the submission of innovative works, objects and artefacts that in some way embody research, or in some way set out to challenge social, cultural and operational preconceptions around how we think about, manage and engage with contemporary healthcare and wellbeing issues.
This year’s theme and sub themes are:
Technology and health
- Devices, Wearables & Assistive technologies
- Smart materials
- Transhumanism, 3D printing & the Person-technology interface
- High tech v. low tech solutions for health and well-being: Traditional/indigenous practices, knowledge, experience
- Screening and assessment
Environment and health
- Evidence-based design: from cities to devices, from systems to services
- Designing for well-being
- Eco-health and biophillia
- Population/public health/Humanitarian Habitat
- Chronic disease: management and prevention
- Injury: management and prevention
Future self and ageing
- Health across the lifespan
- Dementia, cognition and mental health
- Designing for death and palliative care
- Designing for birth
- Person-centred care
Innovations in practice, processes and systems
- Big data and meta-data
- Sports, exercise science and health
- Health promotion, education and literacy
- Information management
- Integrated care
We also welcome papers focussed on methods or education and training that cross-link into one or more of the themes listed above.
- 30 June: Abstract submission closes for peer review. Notification of final acceptance and close of Early Bird registration.
- 7 July: Regular registration opens.
- 1 September: Resubmission of peer reviewed abstracts closes.
- 30 September: Final notification of successful abstracts.
- 6 November: Conference timetable of presentations, exhibits, and room allocations published online.
*Early Bird registration = $975.00AUD. Other registration prices TBA.
Further details can be found on the event website at www.d4hmelbourne.com.
Register for updates
To receive information updates about the conference by email, please register your interest.