Swinburne Writers Festival 2016
You are viewing a past event.
The Swinburne Writers Festival is a two-day event that brings the Melbourne writing community on-campus and showcases the extraordinary talent of Swinburne’s writing-related teachers and students.
Hear those who have made their mark in their artistic fields share industry knowledge and ideas, and enjoy the chance to mix and mingle.
The event is open to everyone, Swinburne or not, and if you have any interest in writing – any genre, any medium, any art form – then this is an event you simply cannot afford to miss.
Enjoy the free panels and workshops and the invaluable opportunity to network with your fellow literati. Free food and drinks will also be provided.
Tuesday 24th May
- 11am – 11.30am: Launch, Room GS217 (the Student Lounge)
- 11.30am – 12.30pm: Debate — That Fiction is Better Than Non Fiction, Room GS217 (the Student Lounge)
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: Workshop — Social Media for Writers, Room AGSE211 (you must register to attend this free workshop)
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm: Panel — What Makes A Great Story, Room GS217
- 3.30pm - 4.30pm: Book Works Words — Artist talk: Jodie Goldring, audience performs creative responses to her work, Town Hall Gallery
Wednesday 25th May
- 10.30am – 11.30am: Workshop — Poetry with Alicia Sometimes, Room EW301 (you must register to attend this free workshop)
- 11.30am – 12.30pm: Graphic Novels - Liam Burke interviews Nicki Greenberg, Room EW301
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: Spirit of Punk – Wordslam/reading event, Hammer and Swine Bar, UN building, level 3
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm: Panel — Breaking into the Industry, Room EN413