The Australian-French Association for Research and Innovation (AFRAN) together with the Embassy of France in Australia and Swinburne University of Technology invite you to a forum aimed at exploring opportunities for cooperation between France and Australia.
This forum will explore the challenges and opportunities driven by the energy transition, featuring panels on hydrogen to decarbonise the industry and mobility, and low emission technologies. It will examine innovative health, with global and local health issues, climate change adaptation, and the opportunities for monitoring and managing the environment with Earth observation. It will also question digital innovation with discussion around AI ethics, governance and environmental impact. Finally, the forum will highlight current and future opportunities for strengthening French and Australian research and innovation cooperation.
Early Career Researchers and Higher Degree Research students are invited to participate in a poster competition at the AFRAN Forum networking cocktail.
- Mr Jean-Pierre Thébault, Ambassador of France to Australia
- Prof Pascale Quester, Vice-Chancellor and President, Swinburne University of Technology
- Prof Katherine Daniell, AFRAN President
- Ms Aude Vignelles, Chief Technology Officer, Australian Space Agency
- Dr Gilbert Brunet, Chief Scientist and Group Executive, Bureau of Meteorology
- Prof Jean-Paul Toutain, Regional Director, CNRS Representative Office in Oceania