Venture Cup 2018
Does your startup need funding? Would $20K help launch your startup? If this is you, Swinburne’s Venture Cup competition can help!
Open to current students, staff and alumni, up to 10 successful teams will pitch their business idea to a panel of judges at a pitch night on 14 November.
Ahead of the pitch night, participants will receive 1-on-1 coaching from the venture capitalists Rachel Yang (Investment Manager, Impact Investment Group) and Rohan Workman (CEO, Skalata Ventures) and successful startup founders.
Applications for the Venture Cup startup pitch competition kick off on 18 September with $20K of venture funding for the winner.
The Venture Cup is a great opportunity for you to gain the skills and experience you’ll need to drive your startup towards success.
Am I eligible to participate?
To enter the Venture Cup competition:
- At least one founder must be a Swinburne staff, student or alum
(We define founder as a shareholder in the startup)
- You must have started working on your early-stage startup
- You must attend at least one pitch coaching session per week between
16 October and 1 November
How can I apply?
- Attend both preparation events:
Venture Cup info & how to pitch workshop (25 September)
Startup Storytelling event (26 September)
- Record your 3-minute video pitch – there will be a place to include the video link
in the application form
- Complete the application form by 8 October 2018
- Applications open - 18 September
- Venture Cup info & how to pitch workshop - 25 September
- Startup Storytelling event – 26 September
- Applications close – 8 October
- Notification of successful applicants – 12 October
- Weekly pitch coaching sessions – 16 October to 1 November
- Venture Cup pitch night – 14 November