Develop your English-language skills
If you’re an international student or a student from a non-English speaking background, we can help you.
Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre
LAS runs workshops and courses including:
- speaking and listening – improve pronunciation for better communication
- writing skills – learn to plan and structure essays
- grammar – learn correct use of English grammar
- reading – manage texts and recommended reading materials
- vocabulary – increase your word knowledge, understand Australian slang.
English conversation practice
In addition to any other language study you may be doing, you can practise English with a conversation group.
Conversation practice runs daily and there is no need to book.
Location: the George Building (GS), Level 1 (ground floor)
Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm, Monday to Friday
Sessions run occasionally at Wantirna campus. Email Louise Hickey for information: email@example.com
Academic development advisers
Academic development advisers work in each Swinburne faculty to help you with issues you may face during your studies.
They can put you in touch with the right support services and connect you with mentors or peer assistants.