Apply for a short-term partner program – exchange place
If you participate in a short-term partner exchange programs, you must select and apply for an appropriate program, gain approvals from your faculty and submit an application for academic credit if you are eligible
Follow these steps to apply for an exchange place on short-term partner program:
- Conduct research on your program of interest, including the academic content, cost and application process. If applying for an exchange place, you will pay the tutition to Swinburne but other costs to the partner.
- Get a proposed study plan [PDF 45KB] approved by your course coordinator that clearly indicates if you will gain any credits (if any) for your short-term partner program experience.
- Apply online with Swinburne Abroad. Make sure you upload your study plan. This step is also required if you're applying for an OS-HELP loan or a scholarship.
- Swinburne Abroad will nominate you to your host university to secure the exchange place
- You will be provided with further instructions on how to complete your application for the program from the partner
- Once accepted. please provide your acceptance letter from the partner
- Organise travel, insurance and depart
- When you return, submit your transcript to the Swinburne Abroad office to finalise credit/exemptions (if applicable)
Please note: students who participate in a short term partner program on a exchange place will be enrolled in a Swinburne holding code for the duration of the short-term partner exchange program. Swinburne Abroad can provide you with a letter of enrolment so you may continue receiving Centrelink payments for the study period only.