Berlin Film Festival Study Tour
|Location:||Berlin (Germany) and Prague (Czech Republic)|
|Dates:||4th – 21st February 2019|
|Duration:||Approximately three weeks|
|Eligible students:||All students|
|Cost:||$2,900 per person (TBC)|
|Applications:||Closes 31st August|
The study tour will start in Berlin where you will spend two weeks attending the 69th Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinalé [https://www.berlinale.de/en/HomePage.html]), seeing premiere film screenings from all over the world, walking the red carpet and catching celebrity guests and stars of the festival. The study tour includes full accreditation to the Berlinalé with open access to premieres and associated events, including Berlinalé Talents [http://www.berlinale-talents.de/] and the European Film Market [https://www.efm-berlinale.de/en/home/homepage.html].
As well as attending the Berlinalé [https://www.berlinale.de/en/HomePage.html] you will experience life in Berlin where film, music, art and architecture come to together in one of Europe’s most exciting capitals. Enhance your cultural awareness and visit some of Berlin’s renowned heritage sites including the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Museum Island and the Berlin Wall. You will also visit the famous Babelsberg Film Studios, the Berlin Film Museum, and CILECT partner universities, The Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin (dffb) and Konrad Wolf, Film University Babelsberg.
From Berlin you will travel by train to the historic city of Prague where you will have plenty of time to unwind from your travels and explore this historic and culturally significant city, including a visit to the internationally acclaimed Prague Film School [http://www.filmstudies.cz/], and the famous Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU).
What is covered
- all local transport and train tickets Prague to Berlin
- hostel accommodation at the famous Circus Hostel in Mitte, Berlin, including breakfast
- hotel accommodation in Prague, including breakfast
- full accreditation to the Berlinale Film Festival, including access to international premieres, industry and Berlinale Talents
- a visit to the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (dffb)
- a day trip to the Babelsberg Film studios
- a visit to both the Prague Film School and FAMU
- four group dinners
- travel insurance.
What is not covered
- international airfares to and from Germany
- HECS or unit fee
- personal expenses
- lunches and most dinners.
Berlin Monday 4 – Sunday 17 February 2019
Train Berlin – Prague Sunday 17 February 2019
Prague Sunday 17 – Thursday 21st February 2019