Advisers at the Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre can help you improve your academic and study skills, understand assignments, develop presentation skills and prepare for exams effectively. Appointments can be face-to-face or online via Skype, Zoom or email.
To book an appointment with an adviser, visit the My Appointment Bookings page.
Get assignment feedback over email
Need help with assignments and assessments or studying online?
Send us your assignment and the assignment task to get feedback within 24 hours Monday to Friday, 9 -5.
Hawthorn students, email us at email@example.com
Wantirna or Croydon students, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get advice over email
The LAS team can help you with assignment questions and study skills over email.
Send your questions to email@example.com for a reply within three working days.
Drop in for advice
Keen to meet with an adviser for one-on-one study guidance and assignment support? Drop in for a chat at Hawthorn or Wantirna library.
Drop-in advice includes:
- writing essays, reports and other assignments and assessment tasks
- researching and referencing
- managing your studies and more
- Sometimes, a few quick tips will be all you need. Other times we can sit down with you for twenty minutes and provide more detailed advice.
Where to get advice
The LAS Drop-in Hub, Level 3 of the library, Hawthorn campus
Opening hours for Semester 1 2020:
- Monday to Thursday 10.30am–7.30pm,
- Friday 10.30am–4.30pm,
- Saturday and Sunday 2.00pm–6.00pm (from week 3–12)
Opening hours for the two weeks after each semester:
- Monday to Friday 10.30am–4.30pm
Note: No bookings required for a 20–30-minute consultation.
Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre locations
Contact a LAS Adviser directly
Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Advisers can give you advice related to your area of study.
- Dr Maree Keating: LAS Adviser (undergraduate and masters-by-coursework students)
+61 3 9214 4911