You are eligible for a FEE-HELP loan if you are studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or UniLink or OUA course at Swinburne, and you:
- are an Australian citizen doing at least one unit of your course in Australia, or
- hold a permanent humanitarian visa and will be living in Australia for the duration of your course, or
- hold a New Zealand Special Category visa and meet the special eligibility requirements for New Zealand citizens
- are undertaking bridging study for overseas trained professionals and will be living in Australia for the duration of this study
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit.
The FEE-HELP limit is the maximum amount you can borrow from the government in your lifetime towards your education costs. It is fixed and cannot be topped up.
It’s your responsibility to ensure the Swinburne tuition fees for your intended course fall within the FEE-HELP limit. If your tuition fees exceed the limit, you will have to pay the excess in full up-front, or your enrolment will be cancelled.