Enrol for the first time – local students

Congratulations on being offered a place at Swinburne!

New student

Before you start

This information is for new local undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational education students enrolling for the first time. 

PhD and Master's degree (by research) students should enrol via Research.

If you intend to enrol in a UniLink diploma, apprenticeship or ELICOS course, the way you enrol is different. Refer to your offer letter for instructions. 

Open Universities Australia (OUA) students can apply directly through Swinburne or through the OUA website for admission into a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).

Enrolling online takes between 30 minutes and an hour. It’s best to use a laptop or desktop computer. Keep this window open and refer to these steps while enrolling in another window. 

If you’ve completed prior study or have work experience relevant to the course you’re enrolling in, you may be able to apply for academic credit for prior study or experience.