These courses will support businesses in reopening safely, and will help to ensure customers and staff are protected as Victoria emerges from the pandemic. While it’s not mandatory to undertake these courses prior to reopening businesses, employers are encouraged to share these courses with their staff and support them in their training.
Graduates of an Infection Control Skill Set course will graduate with a thorough and sought-after understanding of workplace procedures and best practises through the lens of the pandemic and will be uniquely prepared to identify and respond to risks related to infection control.
Who Is The Training For
This training is for customer-facing employees across the retail, food handling, health environments and transport and logistics sectors, including:
- Retail outlets
- Cafes and restaurant
- Pubs, clubs and hotels
- Food delivery
- Parcel delivery
- Healthcare settings
What Will The Courses Cover
These course will cover a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
Who Is Eligible
Applicants will be required to have completed VCE or demonstrate literacy and numeracy competencies.
The Infection Control Skill Set is subsidised to participants if:
- they are currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role
- they have not previously completed the Individual Skill Set they are seeking to enrol in, or either of the other Infection Control Skill Sets.
Courses Being Offered at Swinburne
Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
Infection Control Skill Set
Swinburne will be accepting students into each of these three courses on a monthly basis. Course intakes will be in September, October, November, and December 2020.
For further information and details on how to apply, head to the course pages.