If your organisation is looking to fill a casual, part-time or full-time role, consider employing a student or graduate through Swinburne.
Advertise with us
To advertise a vacancy, head to our online employment brand board SwinEmploy.
We accept advertisements for:
- full-time, part-time or casual positions
- paid internships or vacation work
- entry level, apprentice, trainee or graduate positions
- student tutors
- household help opportunities.
SwinEmploy also offers a range of services to support your recruitment process, including academic advisors.
Mohammad, an IT postgraduate student.
Attend career events
Our Careers and Employability team host regular events to connect organisations with future-ready students and recent graduates.
Highlights include Graduate Employability Week and the Student Employability Conference. At these you can be part of industry panels, deliver workshops and promote your employer brand.
Host an information session
At Swinburne, we also offer opportunities for you to give an overview of your business to students and to present information sessions about your recruitment processes. These can be down either on campus or via a webinar. These sessions our social media channels and via SwinEmploy.
We recommend holding sessions within the first four weeks of semester between 11.30am and 2.00pm.
With changes to the government rules for visas and employment, you can now diversify your workforce by hiring international students. They can bring cultural diversity, fresh perspectives and insights from overseas markets.
- providing short-term internships
- offering a part-time or casual position under the work conditions for student visa holders
- employing a recent graduate through the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
Access the following resources to learn about the rules for visas and employing international students.
- Work conditions for student visa holders
- Information on the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Employing and sponsoring workers
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Employer visas and Victorian visa nomination
- Supporting refugees and asylum seekers [PDF 1.9MB]
- Australian Employers Guide to Hiring Refugees [PDF 6MB]
- International Education: broadening Australia's horizons