Our team in Swinburne's Department of Health Science and Biostatistics comes with considerable experience across a wide range of fields. We have expertise dealing with complex small and big Data problems. Our solutions are data-driven and evidence-based aimed at providing demonstrable results.
- Study and research design
- Sampling and power analyses
- Choice of sample size
- Choice of statistical methodology
- Data management and verification
- Statistical analytic strategies including Business analytics and Education analytics
- Data mining and analytics
Data interpretation, reporting and writing of results
- Interpretation of analyses and statistical reasoning, Communication of statistical findings, tailored to the audience
- Quality graphical presentations
- Critical review of quantitative research and reasoning
- Bayesian statistics
- Expert witness needs, e.g. legal, industry, forensic.
- Expert opinion and advice on research grant applications (at the discretion of the consultant)
- AMOS, EQS, GAUSS, HLM, LATENTGOLD, LISREL, Minitab, MPLUS, MLWIN, R, SAS, SAS Enterprise miner, SAS text mining, SPSS, Stata, Rasch
We have considerable experience across a wide range of fields. We have expertise dealing with complex small and big Data problems. Our solutions are data-driven and evidence-based aimed at providing demonstrable results.
- Advanced modelling – survival analysis, advanced Structural equation modelling, Confirmatory factor analysis.
- Health analytics – clinical trials and longitudinal analyses of health.
- Econometrics and Business modelling.
- Data Mining and Data Science
- Social survey research, personalised medicine, GM foods.
- Sports statistics - AFL and tennis metrics of success.
- Ecological statistics.
- Statistics in Education.
- Mathematical statistics and computing.
- Meta-analysis and systematic reviews.
- Time-series analysis – change point methods, forecasting.
We have delivered quality services and work to a wide range of clients, from individual PhD students at Swinburne through to private companies, government entities, and firms. Some of our clients to date have included:
- NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research
- St Vincent’s Hospital
- Epworth Hospital
- Virgin Pulse
- SiSU Wellness
- NSW Corrections Services
- Guide Dogs Victoria
- Champion data (Sports, Football)
- Melbourne Storm
- Tennis Australia
- Richmond Football Club
- Centre for Law and Genetics
- Royal Children's Hospital
- Royal Hobart Hospital
- Vic Roads
- Banule Community Health