Obtain the skills and knowledge you need to ensure the safety of your workplace and health of its employees. Learn how to identify hazards, implement health and safety, and create safe processes with Swinburne accredited courses. Swinburne covers varied educational needs from the fundamentals to specifics, including courses aimed at construction and traffic management. Utilise the university’s expertise in health and safety through the Swinburne Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (COHST).
Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Training
Swinburne’s Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (COHST) is one of Australia’s largest health and safety training providers. A recognised centre of excellence, COHST has earned a national reputation for its quality First Aid and Occupational Health and Safety programs. The centre offers state and nationally accredited courses, tailored training and a curriculum that incorporates the latest legislation, regulations and industry expertise.
Work Health and Safety short courses
- Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
- Health and Safety Representative initial OHS training course
- Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training
- Implement Traffic Management Plan
- Investigate WHS Incidents
- Manage WHS hazards and Risks
- Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry