1. Is there parking available and how much does it cost?
There is no parking available at Richmond Football Club. However, there is parking available at and around Melbourne Arena. Please access this website to book parking and find out more about parking options.
2. If I am using the public transport system how do I get to the conference?
The nearest train station to the conference is Richmond Train Station which is 600 metres away. The Jolimont Train Station/MCG and Tram number 48 and 75 along Wellington Parade, will allow you to access conference. The number 70 tram which travels parallel to the Tennis Centre Access Rd, and bus number 46 on Punt Road will also allow entrance to the conference.
3. Can I just attend the reconciliation lecture and not the entire RAP conference?
Yes. There is a separate registration page you can access that will allow you to register for just the Reconciliation Lecture. This is a free public lecture.
4. What methods of payment are accepted?
Visa, MasterCard and American Express is accepted.
5. Is there a dress code?
We would prefer attendees to dress in business attire / smart casual.
6. Special Needs
If you have any requests or requirements due to disability or dietary restriction, please indicate them on the registration form.
7. I can’t go to the conference, but I pre-registered and paid the conference fee. Can I get a refund?
Yes. But only up to 7 days before the conference.
8. Will photography & filming take place during the conference?
Photography and filming will be taken at this conference. While every care is taken to seek consent, it is not feasible to do this for large crowds. Where photography or footage is taken of individuals consent will be sought prior to use.
All rooms at the conference are wheelchair accessible. Special services, equipment, or accommodations should be requested in advance of the conference. Please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants who require special onsite assistance during the conference should request such assistance from personnel at registration.
10. How can I register? What are the registration rates?
You can register for this event via Eventbrite. The conference cost is $220 which includes GST. However, there is no charge if you only intend to attend the 2018 Annual Swinburne Reconciliation Lecture.
11. When will the conference take place? Where is it located?
The conference will take place on Wednesday 5 - Thursday 6 December 2018. The conference venue is located at Swinburne Centre, Richmond Football Club Yarra Park, Richmond, Melbourne. More information is available here.
12. Is the conference schedule available?
You can find the conference schedule here.
13. Are there discounts available for accommodation for those attending the conference?
Yes. Accommodation at a discount rate is available for attendees at the following Mantra Group hotels:
- The Olsen
- Mantra on Jolimont
- Mantra 100 Exhibition
- Mantra on the Park
- Mantra on Russell
- Mantra on Little Bourke
There are instructions and discount rate conditions for attendees to the conference. Please see the venue and accommodation page for additional information.
14. How do I confirm that I'm successfully registered?
Once your registration is finalized, you will receive a confirmation email indicating that you are officially registered from Eventbrite. You will receive an Official Receipt, via email again, as proof of payment. In addition, your name will appear in the list of registered participants. Please check your spam folder if you register and can not find the ticket and receipt before contacting the event organiser.
15. What is included in the registration?
A copy of a special edition of the Journal of Australian Indigenous Issues will be given to all registered attendees for the conference. Moreover, registration for the entire conference also includes access to all keynote addresses, the Reconciliation lecture, in addition to morning and afternoon teas / lunches, panel discussions, and optional cultural activities.
16. Are there any cultural events?
Yes. There are optional cultural walking tours and performances.
17. My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?