Ms Geraldine Farrell
Appointed by the Governor-in-Council
Geraldine was educated at Monash University and holds the degrees of Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Laws, and Master of Laws in Intellectual Property. She is currently studying for a Masters of Corporate Governance at Swinburne.
Geraldine is currently Head of Corporate Projects, Cann Group Limited, an Australian medicinal cannabis company, and she also consults to several Australian-based biotechnology and medical device companies on legal, IP and operational issues. She was previously general counsel and company secretary for an Australian and Irish biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ. Prior to her executive roles, Geraldine worked as a lawyer in private practice for almost 19 years, specialising in intellectual property and technology commercialisation.
Geraldine has specialisation in company secretarial work, corporate operations, governance and IP strategy. Geraldine's experience also includes the licensing of intellectual property rights, litigation and dispute resolution, technology commercialisation strategies, technology transfer agreements, research and development and collaborative research agreements and working for several entities in the Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) program. Her work has involved the commercialisation of various technologies from the university and public research sector.
Geraldine is an associate member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia, and a member of the Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Resources Committee Chair (2015–current)
- Executive and Remuneration Committee (2014–current)
- Governance, Nominations and Conferral Committee Chair (2014)
- Governance, Nominations and Conferral Committee member (2013)
- Governance, and Nominations Committee member (2010–2013)
- Student Management System Committee member (2010–2014)
- Chair of SSAA Academic Advice and Advocacy Audit Panel (2010–2012)
- Audit and Risk Committee member (2010–2013)