- Project expected to be completed in April 2020
- Roof level works have been completed
- Internal building works including fit-out, finishing works and painting have commenced
- Fire service upgrade works commenced
TC Building extension works
As part of the university’s commitment to transforming learning and the student experience, we are continuing to improve our spaces on campus.
This includes an exciting redevelopment of the TC Building at our Hawthorn campus.
Enhancing the TC Building
We are extending the TC Building – constructing three levels of classrooms, study spaces, computer labs and specialist labs in the large courtyard area facing John Street. The works will also include refurbishing some of the existing labs in TC.
The new space will also be home to the Centre for the New Workforce’s Future Work Demonstration Lab.
Following are indicative images showing what the new, contemporary spaces will look like.
Duration of construction
The works are commencing in May and are expected to be completed in early 2020.
The TC Building will remain open and accessible to students and staff throughout the works.
Key changes during construction
- The first phase of construction will include the demolition of some external features, which may be disruptive.
- Where possible, we are working to relocate classes.
- The TC Building will continue to be accessible from the existing entry on Park Street.
- Pedestrian access on John Street will be reduced due to the set-up of safety hoarding.
Other study spaces available
GS building - Level and level 2 - student
ATC103 - ground floor study area
ATC206 - second floor study area
AD108 - study floor
EN - Graduate studies foyer
SPW Level 2 - amphitheatre type space specifically for student use.
Library - 24/7 Latelab Level 1 - open Monday 3 June
Please keep checking this website for updates on the progress of this improvement to TC.
We apologise for any inconvenience during construction and appreciate your patience and support during this redevelopment.