Legal and ethical responsibilities – maintaining professional boundaries, confidentiality and privacy, and duty of care
|Delivery mode||Face-to-face workshop|
Gain the skills and knowledge required to take a proactive role to identify and meet legal and ethical responsibilities, including professional boundaries, confidentiality and privacy, duty of care and client rights and responsibilities.
- Define and outline the key legal and ethical responsibilities that apply within community care services and how these align with quality requirements.
- Discuss the concepts of dignity of risk as it applies to client rights.
- Outline the responsibilities of staff and volunteers in supporting duty of care, privacy and confidentiality, and client rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain professional boundaries within the work role.
- Analyse and practice how to determine if legal and ethical responsibilities have been breached.
- Use appropriate communication strategies to respond to breaches of legal and ethical requirements.
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
It's suitable for community care workers, direct care workers, social support workers, and volunteers.
This course is suitable for staff and volunteers who provide direct service delivery to clients and/or carers and want to build and/or refresh their understanding of their legal and ethical responsibilities.
What to bring
Please bring along a notebook and pen to take your own notes. In addition, we’ll supply you with a workbook.
Receive a Victorian Community Care Education and Training Service (VCCETS) Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
The certificate complements any existing qualifications you have working in the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and the Victorian Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
Statement of attainment
If you wish to be issued with a unit of competency statement of attainment, you will need to undertake further assessment. This assessment will cover both knowledge and skill components. You may be required to provide additional information about how you are applying your workshop training in the workplace.
For further details, please email email@example.com
Book this course
Select your preferred location and date to make a booking:
|Wednesday 15 May 2019||1.30pm – 5pm||Gippsland||Warragul||Register now|
|Thursday 16 May 2019||9.30am - 1pm||Northern metropolitan||Preston||Register now|
|Thursday 16 May 2019||1.30pm – 5pm||Gippsland||Sale||Register now|
|Monday 20 May 2019||9.30am - 1pm||Loddon-Mallee||Bendigo||Register now|
|Friday 31 May 2019||9.30am – 1pm||Western metropolitan||Melbourne||Register now|
|Thursday 6 June 2019||11am – 3pm||Loddon-Mallee||Charlton||Register now|
|Wednesday 12 June 2019||1pm – 4.30pm||Grampians||Beaufort||Register now|
|Thursday 13 June 2019||9.30am - 1pm||Barwon-South Western||Geelong||Register now|