- 42 hours over the teaching period (normally 3.5 hours per week)
PrerequisitesLSQ200 Design and Measurement 2
Aims and objectives
The aims are to provide you with the skills necessary to:
• Critically assess statistics presented in journal articles
• Choose and conduct appropriate statistical analyses on your own data
• Write informative reports on statistical analyses
On completion of the unit students will be able to :
• Make a clear statement of the objectives of a study
• Prepare data for analysis using appropriate data screening techniques
• Analyse the data using appropriate multivariate statistical techniques
• Interpret the results and write a concise, informative report
Courses with unit
This is a prescribed unit of study in the Social Science Major/s. It may also be undertaken as a unit of study in any other Swinburne degree program, subject to the prerequisite and degree requirements.
Please note that unit codes have changed from 2014. Please ensure that you check the unit entry for the correct 2014 unit code.