Industry-certified skills are highly valued, and there is a need for professionals with a solid understanding of the design, management and maintenance of modern networks. Graduates will be well-equipped with the practical and theoretical skills to gain access to a career as a network specialist, internet applications engineer, manager of internal corporate networks and security engineer.
Upon completion of their course, students will be capable graduate ICT professionals, and able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad and coherent understanding of the concepts within the field of Information and Communication Technology systems, and to apply this as an effective member of diverse teams in an ICT professional context.
2. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles and concepts within the networking methodologies, network design and network implementation that facilitates independent lifelong learning in their professional practice.
3. Evaluate new and emerging networking technologies and practices, and their integration with existing networking systems.
4. Critically analyse new networking and/or security scenarios, evaluate the existing knowledge base, and propose and critique viable solutions.
5. Formulate a research question in the context of networking/security, and to use accepted research methodologies to explore innovative approaches.
6. Plan and execute a substantial research-based project and/or capstone experience.