Professor Billy Todd
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Mathematics
- EN711c Hawthorn campus
Professor Billy Todd is Chair of Swinburne’s Department of Mathematics. His research specialties include statistical mechanics, non-equilibrium molecular dynamics and computational nanofluidics.
Alongside his research work, Professor Todd teaches a variety of mathematics subjects including computational mathematics. He is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Physics and a former President of the Australian Society of Rheology.
Prior to joining Swinburne in 1999, Professor Todd completed his undergraduate and postgraduate studies in physics at the University of Western Australia and Murdoch University. He then completed postdoctoral appointments at the University of Cambridge and the Australian National University, before moving to CSIRO in Melbourne in 1996.
Molecular Modelling; Computational Nanofluidics; Statistical Mechanics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Statistical Mechanics In Chemistry - 030704
- Soft Condensed Matter - 020405
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural) - 030600
Also published as: Todd, Billy; Todd, B.; Todd, B. D.; Todd, Billy D.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2014: AMSI Intern Program *; IAS Hew Pty Ltd
- 2012: Accurate transport theory for nanofluidic separation science *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2012: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012 - Allen *; Research Advisory Group- Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012
- 2011: CSIRO Student Agreement with Afsana Ahmed *; CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Research Fund
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display