Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology
ERA 5 star rating for Excellence in Research - "Well Above World Standard"
The Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology (COEST) is dedicated to the ocean, the most fascinating and the most challenging environment for human endeavour. COEST brings together the disciplines of ocean and coastal engineering, oceanography, meteorology and climate studies.
The centre conducts analytical and experimental research, numerical modelling, field observations, remote sensing of the ocean, and develops technology and instrumentation.
Our suite of models for ocean waves and air-sea interactions is unique, leading international wave-forecast models employ our observation-based physics. Our oceanographic and climate studies have revealed new features and phenomena in the earth’s systems.
- Catching the renewable energy wave
- Smooth Sailing
- Second Australian Wind and Waves Symposium
- Atmosphere agitated by breaking waves
- Swinburne's Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology earns an ERA rating of 5
- Are extreme waves and winds on the rise across the globe?
- COEST at European Geophysical Union General Assembly 2012
- Perfect storm