The Centre for Transformative Innovation offers supervision to research students in the fields of innovation and social network analysis. Supervision is available at postgraduate (Master and PhD) levels.
There are also opportunities for co-supervision with industry leaders and academics from other faculties and institutions so our students can gain experience across many fields of research.
Our higher degree by research students have access to world-class researcher supervisors who will encourage you to test out your idea by deeply exploring the possibilities.
|Research degrees||Local or international students|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Business)||local||international|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Business - Practice-Based Research)||local||n/a|
|Master of Business (Research)||local||international|
Our research degrees enable PhD candidates to develop an independent research agenda focusing on issues of the economics of innovation and networked innovation. Under the supervision of our researchers, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the research activities of the Centre for Transformative Innovation.
Start your research thinking
Some prospective topics or themes for PhD candidates to focus on might include the following research questions:
- How has the global patent system influenced international trade and the globalisation of R&D activities?
- How do networks of inventors and scientists collaborate to generate radical scientific breakthroughs? What can governments do to foster science, innovation and technological upgrading?
- What is the role of international collaboration and migration in scientific research, innovation and economic performance?
Find a supervisor
We have academics working across economics, law, sociology, and other related research areas. Explore our research areas to find a potential supervisor for your chosen area of research.
Economics of innovation
Read about our research focus on economics of innovation.
- Intellectual property: Dan Hunter, Amanda Scardamaglia, Beth Webster, Alfons Palangkaraya, Russell Thomson
- Productivity and firm performance: Beth Webster, Alfons Palangkaraya, Russell Thomson, Tom Spurling
- Public innovation policy: Alfons Palangkaraya, Russell Thomson, Beth Webster, Tom Spurling
- Translation of science: Alfons Palangkaraya, Russell Thomson, Beth Webster, Tom Spurling
Read about our research focus on social network analysis.
Discover the range of scholarship opportunities for postgraduate research students. We offer a variety of scholarships for students of exceptional research potential that can cover your tuition fees, provide an annual payment or allow you to study overseas on a placement.
Applications for research degrees are open year-round for most research programs. Follow these step-by-step instructions to apply for a research degree or program.