The Australian Digital Inclusion Index
The Swinburne Institute for Social Research, the Centre for Social Impact and Telstra have joined forces to develop a new national measure of digital inclusion – the Australian Digital Inclusion Index.
This three year project will develop an index that will inform and promote public policy, commercial and program responses to enhance digital inclusion in Australia.
The objectives of this initiative are to:
- Improve our understanding of digital inclusion and its relationship to social and economic disadvantage in Australia;
- Raise awareness of and focus attention on, the social impact of digital inclusion;
- Facilitate consultation, debate and discussion;
- Inform business, government and community organisations in developing strategies to improve digital confidence and participation for all Australians; and,
- Monitor whether those strategies are effective in improving digital inclusion.
- Dr Scott Ewing, Swinburne Institute for Social Research
- Professor Julian Thomas, Swinburne Institute for Social Research
- Associate Professor Ellie Rennie, Swinburne Institute for Social Research
- Professor Jo Barraket, CSI Swinburne
- Dr Andrew Joyce, CSI Swinburne
- Associate Professor Kristy Muir, CSI UNSW