Swinburne Student Systems
Our online services are designed to make everyday life as a student easier.
You can schedule your classes, download your lecture notes, submit assignments, speak with your teachers – even apply to graduate! Your first point of call is My.Swinburne.
This is your one-stop-shop as a student here at Swinburne. My.Swinburne is home to all student systems, such as:
- WebMail - Receive and send email
- Blackboard - Access subjects and announcements (Higher Education and TAFE students)
- Library - View information on loans, holds, fines, etc.
- Ask George - Search FAQs and get information relevant to all current students
- Allocate Plus - View subject timetable information (Higher Education students only)
- View provisional and final exam timetables (all students)
- View subject results and Commonwealth Assistance Notices (CAN)
- My.Graduation - Apply online to graduate
If you don't have your account just yet, you can still familiarise yourself with My.Swinburne by exploring the demonstration version.
Allocate Plus (Higher Education only)
Allocate+ allows you to create your own timetable. First in, best dressed – so allocate yourself into a class fast!
Blackboard allows you to:
- Communicate with your teachers or classmates on discussion forums
- Download assessment information and lodge your assignments
- View your grades online
- Share documents with others
- Access useful learning resources
Access course content and more on your mobile with the 'Blackboard Mobile Learn' app
New Remote Access
Remote Access is the ability to login and access the Swinburne network drives when you are working from home or outside to upload or download files using a standard web browser.
Pay course fees and keep your personal details up to date.
Student Email (Live@Edu)
Swinburne University launched Live@edu on December 1, 2010 to provide students with an improved email and calendaring service along with access to Office Web Apps.
To login navigate to http://outlook.com and use your email address (StudentID@student.swin.edu.au) as your Windows Live ID and your SIMS password.
Acceptable IT Policy
It's important for you to be aware of the acceptable use of Swinburne Information Technology systems.
Breaches of this policy will be regarded as a serious matter.
How to login to My.Swinburne
Many of Swinburne's online systems require you to use the seven digits of your student ID number to login. This is refered to as your SIMS username.
The default password is your date of birth (DDMMYY). We recommend you change your password as soon as possible.
Student ID Number: 3228781
Date of Birth: 9th August, 1971
Login details will be: