Swinburne student systems
Our online services are designed to make everyday life as a student easier
You can manage your study plan, schedule your classes, download your lecture notes, submit assignments, email your teachers and even pay your fees.
Current Students Page
This is your one stop shop as a student at Swinburne. The Current Students page is home to all stages of your student lifecycle and gives you access to all the student systems you need. Here is a summary of the systems you will access while you are a student here at Swinburne:
- ‘Manage my course’ – this section of the Current Students page gives you access to your study plan, financials, results, your personal details, exam timetables, HELP assistance and graduation.
- Your student email - send and receive email (please note, the University will use this for all official Swinburne communications).
- Blackboard (iLearn) - gives you access to your subjects, submitting assignments and receiving announcements about your studies. You can download the Blackboard Mobile App for added convenience too.
- Allocate+ - create and view your timetable.
- Ask George - you can search FAQs for information/answers or submit an online enquiry to speak to studentHQ about your studies.
- Library - online or on campus you can search for books, view information on loans, book rooms for study or a computer.
- WIFI and remote access - to obtain WIFI access around campus and access Swinburne network drives from home.
Your student email address will consist of your Student ID number (7-9 digits) and will look as follows: email@example.com
To log in to your student email please navigate to http://outlook.com.
Acceptable IT Policy
It's important for you to be aware of the acceptable use of Swinburne Information Technology systems.
Breaches of this policy will be regarded as a serious matter.
How to login to My.Swinburne
Many of Swinburne's online systems require you to use the seven digits of your student ID number to login. This is refered to as your SIMS username.
The default password is your date of birth (DDMMYY). We recommend you change your password as soon as possible.
Student ID Number: 3228781
Date of Birth: 9th August, 1971
Login details will be: