Swinburne ranks in world's top 100 young universities
Wednesday 21 September 2016
- Swinburne listed in top 100 universities under 50
- Swinburne has ranked in QS top 100 under 50 for the second year running
- Rankings are based on latest QS World University Rankings
For the second consecutive year, Swinburne University of Technology has been ranked in the QS rankings for the world’s top universities under the age of 50.
The QS Top 100 Under 50 is a ranking of the world’s top universities under 50 years old, based on the latest QS World University Rankings.
This ranking confirms that despite its young age, Swinburne is a university with a depth of expertise in teaching and research, both in Australia and internationally.
Swinburne’s dedication to producing outstanding research that is relevant, world- changing and internationally recognised is reflected in recent initiatives which include:
- The successful bid for Swinburne to lead OzGrav, the ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery
- A ground-breaking imaging technique that pinpoints the source of seizures in some epilepsy sufferers
- The establishment of the Transport Innovation Centre, in partnership with Malaysian Automotive Institute
Earlier in 2016, Swinburne has again been recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world by the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject.