Swinburne embraces sustainability principles across all facets of the organisation.
We have developed a Sustainability Strategy aimed at delivering on this commitment. This strategy outlines our sustainability goals as well as the outcomes and targets by which we will achieve them.
By focusing our strategy on six interdependent priority directions, Swinburne delivers a cohesive and consistent approach to sustainability, and sets the benchmark for other education providers.
"Swinburne recognises that as a University it has an important role to play in preparing tomorrow’s leaders and decision makers to contribute to a sustainable future. Building on the strength of our past achievements and the targets in this Sustainability Strategy, Swinburne aims to establish the benchmark in sustainability for all education providers in Australia."
Sustainability thinking represents an emerging mode of inquiry which questions and seeks to understand whether any current product, process or system can be continued indefinitely into the future from the perspective of ecological, social and economic viability and risk.
At Swinburne we adopt the above definition of sustainability and apply it to our Strategy and associated initiatives. We invite you to read our Sustainability Strategy to learn about our sustainability commitments to:
Swinburne’s sustainability strategy focuses on:
- Creating a working, learning and research culture which is the benchmark in sustainability for all education providers.
- Ensuring the design, delivery and promotion of education programs that develop graduates that can contribute to a sustainable future.
- Ensuring research is undertaken in a sustainable manner and that our research contributes to sustainability globally.
- Building a positive enabling culture that embraces sustainability in curriculum, research and the work place.
- Creating a model for community and sustainable educational partnerships which embraces social inclusion and diversity.
- Ensuring an efficient, effective and sustainable organisation.
Read the Sustainability Strategy and learn about how we will achieve a sustainable future.