Vision and Mission
Transforming the way we live, work and learn through a shared understanding of sustainability
The NCS at Swinburne is committed to excellence in program delivery, research and providing industry consultation to key stakeholders derived from the industry and organisational networks established through Swinburne University and other stakeholders.
The NCS will work towards exploring and developing opportunities to promote sustainable practices, through its in-house expertise and specialised skills as well as through its links with those industries and consultancies which uphold sustainable practices.
A Centre for Sustainability was first established at Swinburne University of Technology in June 2001. By late 2002, this had evolved into the specialist centre the National Centre for Sustainability (NCS): a collaboration of several tertiary educational institutions bringing together a dedicated network of individuals to further develop and promote sustainability concepts and education.
National Centre for Sustainability Collaboration
The National Centre for Sustainability (NCS) is a collaboration of several educational institutions. We provide educational leadership and work in partnership with industry, government and the community to undertake program delivery, resource development, project work and applied resource, to support the development of sustainable practices.
The six collaborating institutes are
- Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria
- Challenger TAFE, Western Australia
- South West Institute of TAFE, Victoria
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE, Victoria
- Tropical North Queensland Institute of TAFE, Cairns
- University of Ballarat, Victoria
Please visit http://www.ncsustainability.com.au for background information and examples of the type of work undertaken by the Centre.
The NCS is a registered Organisational Stakeholder of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and supports the mission of the GRI to develop globally accepted sustainability reporting guidelines through a global, multi-stakeholder process.
The National Centre for Sustainability at Swinburne delivers quality educational programs and works in partnership with industry, government and community to support the development and implementation of sustainable practices. The NCS offers a range of services including:
- Specialised courses and accredited training programs
- Research in the area of corporate and community sustainability
- Facilitation of behavioural change programs using community based social marketing
- Advice and guidance on sustainable, industry specific business strategies and methods of implementation
- Project management, independent evaluation and reporting
- Market research and stakeholder engagement
- Research and development of new educational programs