Resources for sessional staff
- Sessional staff induction and guides
- Information technology support
- Contacting other staff
- Being paid
- Teaching resources
Sessional staff induction and guides
- Sessional staff information and teaching guide A downloadable reference with information on the structue and procedures of the Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. This includes orientation, contacts, staff services and teaching tips.
- Swinburne University staff induction site Information to get you started at Swinburne including IT setup, campus orientation, occupational health and safety, University services to staff, policies and procedures and professional development
- Sessional engagement processAn outline of the process of being engaged as a member of sessional staff within the Faculty of Life and Social Sciences including links to relevant forms.
- University emergency management website A website offering information on the University's emergency management plan and correct procedures to follow.
Information technology support
- Service desk Phone support is provided on 9214 5000. Email support is provided by sending emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Life and Social Sciences IT support team Contact details of our Faculty IT suppport team for issues such as office and lab computer problems, printer maintenance and equipment loans.
- Information Technology Services website A range on online resources including guides, policies and procedures, questions and answers, forms and staff purchase offers
Contacting other staff
- Faculty of Life and Social Sciences staff Faculty staff listed by administrative, academic or research grouping.
- Internal communications directory A listing of contact details for all Swinburne University staff.
You do not need to complete a timesheet for the teaching hours you agree at the beginning of the semester.
You will be paid fortnightly for these hours. You do need to complete a timesheet for additional work such as marking agreed with your Unit Convenor.
Completed timesheets (authorised by your Unit Convenor) need to be submitted to the Faculty Finance Office, AS317, by the deadlines in the "pay deadlines" link below below.
- Timesheeet example An example of a completed timesheet to help you complete your own.
- Pay deadlines Click on the pay deadlines heading above to view the dates timesheets are required to be submitted to the Faculty Finance Office, AS317, to be included in the next pay cycle.
- Sessional marking standards A guide to the time allocated to marking and assessment tasks.
- How to respond to distressed or disruptive students Advice on how to respond to distressed or disruptive students prepared by Student Services Counselling.
- Lecture theatre operating instructions Operating instructions for Swinburne lecture theatres prepared by Information Technology Services.
- Referring students to Swinburne University Counselling Service Information on when and how to refer students to the Swinburne University Counselling Service.
- Swinburne Professional Learning (SPL)Information about the support mechanisms offered by SPL, including professional development, grants and awards, current curriculum renewal activities, and learning and teaching resources.
- Tips on helping a student in distress Advice from The University of Chicago Student Counselling & Resource Service