Joining the library is automatic for current staff and students. Your Swinburne ID card is your library card. If you are not a current staff or student, check the information for community membership.
How to join the library
Visitors can register for membership at any Swinburne campus library.
Casual staff and prospective students
- Casual or temporary staff and students who have not yet completed enrolment can register for membership.
- Department or school authorisation is required.
CAVAL and ULANZ
Register at any Swinburne campus library with your CAVAL card and student or staff identity card.
- CAVAL and ULANZ members can borrow up to 10 items at a time.
- DVDs, periodicals, videos and equipment cannot be borrowed.
- Registration is subject to the conditions of the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrower Program.
- Swinburne Library reserves the right to refuse any application for registration.
- The Library should be notified immediately of any change of address.
- Reciprocal Borrower cards are not transferable and are valid only when signed.
- Loss of a card should be reported immediately to the home institution and to Swinburne Library, otherwise Swinburne Library can take no responsibility for items borrowed on that card.
- Reciprocal borrowers who have overdue items or outstanding late return fines in excess of $9.99 will have borrowing privileges suspended.
Past students need to apply for an Alumni membership. Download the PDF, complete the form and follow the instructions for submission.
- Proof of affiliation is required, e.g. expired student identity card, award certificate, statement of results or verification provided by the Alumni Office.
- The annual fee is $110.
- All memberships are per individual member.
- Membership is valid for 12 months.
- Fees include 10% GST.
- Alumni members can borrow up to 10 items at a time.
- Videos, DVDs and equipment cannot be borrowed.
- There is limited access to selected databases on campus only.
- Home access to Swinburne journals, databases, and online resources, is not available due to contractual licences. However a collection of online databases and resources are available to all Victorians through the State Library of Victoria. Access can also be arranged from home.
Individual membership is open to people with no previous affiliation to Swinburne. Complete the form and follow the instructions for submission.
- Annual fee: $330.