Associate Professor Robert Gill
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Media and Communication
- AS418 Hawthorn campus
Rob has been at Swinburne since 2007. He currently lectures in Public Relations and Professional Communication. In 2017 Rob was awarded the PRIA National Educator of the Year. He has also been awarded two National Teaching Citations (2016 Employability) and 2013 (Blended Learning). Rob currently has project collaborations with Tourism Tasmania and Deakin University regarding Employability Skills. He also works closely with the Public Relations Institute of Australia as part of the Education and Community Committee with the role as Deputy Chair and director of the national accreditation process. Prior to Swinburne, Rob worked in corporate, tourism and government communication roles for 10 years. He has also worked as a teacher for 15 years in Australia, UK and Hong Kong.
Rob welcomes applications from prospective PhD candidates in the professsional communication, sport media and graduate employability fields of study.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Communication And Media Studies - 200100
- Curriculum And Pedagogy - 130200
- Other Commerce, Management, Tourism And Services - 159900
- 2017, National, PRIA Educator of the Year, Public Relations Institute of Australia
- 2016, National, Learning & Teaching Citation, Australian Government
- 2013, National, OLT Citation, Australian Government
Also published as: Gill, Robert; Gill, R.; Gill, Rob
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display