Dr Gianni Renda
Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)(Honours), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- AMDC904 Hawthorn campus
Dr Gianni Renda is the Course Coordinator and lecturer in the Bachelor of Industrial Design and is Deputy Director of the Swinburne BioReactor, an ARC Training centre focused on developing new products and technologies for the health sector. His PhD investigated the effect of styling and aesthetics of assistive cutlery on the perception of a user, and the subsequent uptake of these ergonomic aids. Gianni has worked as a graphic designer, retoucher, printer, exhibition and set designer. His current research focus is investigating ways that design can empower the user in the field of health, disability and ageing. Other interests include food design, advanced manufacturing, Italian design history and automotive design.
Allied Health Design; Product Diversity, and Productivity Design: Product Innovation; Product Innovation Design; Strategic & Transformative Design: Health; Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Research Education; Strategic & Transformative Design: Culture; Ergonomics and Aesthetics Design: Anthropometrics and wearability; Public Good Design
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Design Practice And Management - 120300
- 2015, Swinburne, Dean's Award, Emerging Researcher (FHAD, School of Design), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Engagement Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2010, National, Honorable Mention, Graduate of The Year (Vic/Tas), Design Institute of Australia
- 2010, International, Honorable Mention, Cumulus 20th Anniversary Awards, Cumulus Association
Also published as: Renda, Gianni; Renda, G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2014: New product development for BodyICE *; BodyICE Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
- 2015-12-04: The Bioreactor: An Innovative PhD program at Swinburne University of Technology - grassROOTS Magazine, Research Australia
- 2015-03-29: Swinburne turning PhD's on their Head - Gemaker
- 2014-05-01: Radio interview with Dr Gianni Renda - 3MDR FM
- 2013-11-29: New Beer Glass Helps Boomers Control Their Drink - Good Morning America/ABC News Go
- 2013-10-29: gianni rendaâ€™s beer glass: drinking for the no longer young - Abler.org