Introduction to R (STAA0003A)Back to Intranet events
|Date:||x 2 hourly sessions 27/2-10/4* * No class on 3 April – Easter Tuesday|
|Time:||5:30PM to 7:30PM|
|Venue:||EN409 Hawthorn Campus|
Course: STAA000A - Introduction to R
Blackboard Site: STAA000A
Dates: Six 2 hour sessions Tuesday 27/2 – 10/4 (5.30 – 7.30 pm)
Assumed Knowledge: None
Software used: R
In Introduction to R students will also learn how to read data into R, access R packages, and organise and comment R code. Furthermore, you will learn how to use R for effective data analysis and visualisation. Some of the most commonly used probability distributions will be introduced. Statistical data analysis will be conducted using working examples.
After successfully completing this unit, students will be able to:
- Arrange and consolidate large datasets.
- Develop the ability to perform basic programing.
- Visualise data using R packages.
- Relate the basics of fundamental probability distributions to different types of data.
- Formulate practical and user friendly solutions to real life problems in the form of a statistical model in an RStudio software environment.
Online quizzes will be available for self-assessment.