Strategies for Success for international students (Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology)
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Monday 24 to Thursday 27 July 2017|
|Venue:||EN615, Engineering Building, Swinburne University, Hawthorn Campus|
Whether you are coming to Swinburne from secondary school, vocational education or returning to study, adapting to university life is going to involve some changes. This program clarifies what to expect and provides some strategies to succeed at university.
Students who attended this program in recent years received an average mark 4-5% higher than students who did not attend.
- Transition to university
- Getting and staying motivated
- Getting the most out of lectures
- Information services
- Academic skills
- Communication skills
About the program
- We run two versions of the program. This version is focussed specifically on the needs of international students. We also run a 5-day program that's suitable for local as well as international students.
- This event is free for Swinburne students.
- This 4-day program focuses on the needs of international students in undergraduate and coursework master programs in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
Strategies for Success for all students in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Any local or international student in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology can register for the 5-day Strategies for Success.
Strategies for Success is being run for students in each faculty. To ensure you receive the most relevant advice and meet other students in your course, make sure you attend the program for your faculty.
If you are unsure about which venue to attend, please contact John Schwartz: email@example.com +61 3 9214 8377.
Contact Information: John Schwartz
Tel: +61 3 9214 8377