Strategies for Success (Faculty of Health, Arts and Design)
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Monday 17 to Friday 21 July 2017|
|Venue:||EN515, Engineering Building, Swinburne University, Hawthorn Campus|
Whether you are coming to Swinburne from secondary school, vocational education or returning to study, adapting to university life is going to involve some changes.
This program clarifies what to expect and provides some strategies to succeed at university.
Students who attended this program in recent years received an average mark 4-5% higher than students who did not attend.
- Transition to university
- Getting and staying motivated
- Getting the most out of lectures
- Information services
- Academic skills
- Communication skills
About the program
- We run two versions of the program. This version is for local and international students. There is also a version that's focussed specifically on the needs of international students.
- This event is free for Swinburne students
- This 5-day program is suitable for all newly enrolled and continuing students in undergraduate and coursework master programs in the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design.
- Free lunch is provided for registered participants on each day of the program.
If you can't commit to the full five days, register and come along for as much as you can.
Strategies for Success for international students in the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design
If you are an international student in the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design, you can register for the 4-day Strategies for Success.
Strategies for Success is being run for students in each faculty. To ensure you receive the most relevant advice and meet other students in your course, make sure you attend the program for your faculty.
If you are unsure about which venue to attend, please contact John Schwartz: firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 9214 8377.
Contact Information: John Schwartz
Tel: +61 3 9214 8377