NAO robotics course | Three day workshop
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Wednesday 4 - Friday 6 October 2017|
|Venue:||467 Burwood Road|
Wednesday 4 October - Friday 6 October 2017
What is NAO?
NAO is a little character with a unique combination of hardware and software: it consists of sensors, motors and software driven by a dedicated operating system. NAO gets its magic from its programming and animation.
The NAO robotics course is designed to introduce students to programming and enable them to work closely with these robots. Students will be introduced to motion and sonar sensors, voice recognition and sound and vision tracking through hands-on practical activities which will bring the NAO robots to life.
There are ten places available. You must commit to attending every day of the course.
Contact Information: Dr Therese Keane
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 03 9214 8579
Workshop terms and conditions
- Registrations must be completed in full online before a student is allowed to attend. No registrations will be accepted at the door.
- Doors will only open at 8.45am onwards for parents to sign their child in. Please do not drop attendees at the training premises earlier or leave them unattended.
- We require that all students are properly signed in and out by an authorised adult. This helps ensure the safety of the student. It is our responsibility to ensure that your child leaves with the appropriate person each day. We seek your co-operation if we ask for proper identification.
- Students are expected to be punctual for the workshop. This is to ensure minimal disruptions when the program has started. Students will be dismissed at 3.30pm. We ask that the parent/guardian picking up the attendee is punctual as our instructors are unable to supervise the attendees when the program is over due to other responsibilities. PLEASE NOTE: Late pick ups will incur a charge of $ 1 per minute.
- All equipment is the property of Swinburne University of Technology. All equipment must be handled with care.
- Swinburne will not accept any form of bullying or engaging in behaviour that is disruptive or compromises the safety of other students or instructors. Any student who engages in disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave the workshop. Parents will be notified immediately to pick up their child. There will be no refund given in this circumstance.
- There will be no refund given upon any withdrawal from the workshops.
- There will be no refund for change of mind.
- No refunds will be given should your child miss a session or the entire workshop program.