Biomechanics for VCE PE teachers | Professional development session
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Wednesday 20 September 2017|
|Venue:||Swinburne Hawthorn Campus, 6 Luton Lane, Hawthorn -->|
Swinburne is hosting a free professional development session for VCE PE teachers taking Unit 3 biomechancis in 2018.
Over two hours of hands-on professional development, participants will:
• trial biomechanics teaching and learning activities
• learn how 3D motion capture is used in biomechanics
• try out biomechanical technology and software and explore how to use them in teaching
• have opportunities to ask the presenters questions.
Participants will also take home biomechanical data to use in their teaching.
About the presenters
The session will be run by Associate Professor Amanda Benson, Course Director for Exercise and Sport Science at Swinburne, with:
- Dr Rachael Whittle, an experienced teacher of physical education, specialising in VCE Physical Education. For over ten years she has worked extensively with the VCAA to develop curriculum and assessment materials for VCE Physical Education. She has coauthored a number of leading texts in the field and delivered professional development to teachers nationally and internationally
- Dr Oren Tirosh, a biomechanist at Swinburne, with extensive clinical and research experience in integrated human biomechanics. Oren specialises in movement analysis, wearable sensor technology, 3-dimensional (3D) gait, clinical gait analysis, gait variability and performance, and injury prevention
- Professor Tino Fuss, a Professor of Health and Sports Technologies at Swinburne University. He has been researching and developing smart equipment and wearable technologies for more than 15 years, and collaborated with many elite sports organisations. Tino will share the Smart (Instrumented) Cricket Ball he has developed and how it can be used to give athletes feedback on performance.
Transport and parking
Swinburne's Hawthorn campus is within convenient walking distance of public transport services inlcuding the:
- Glenferrie train station on the Alamein, Belgrave and Lilydale lines
- tram routes 16, 70 and 75
- bus route 624.
You can plan your journey to Hawthorn campus using Public Transport Victoria's journey planner.
All-day ticketed parking is available at the Hawthorn campus. There are also ticketed off-campus car parks and on-street parking options. View your parking options.
Places for this session are limited. Please register to avoid dissapointment.
Contact Information: Amanda Benson
Email: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 9214 4951