Swinburne Writers Festival 2015
You are viewing a past event.
|Date:||Monday 1 June - Thursday 4 June|
The Swinburne Writers Festival is a four day event that showcases the extraordinary talent of Swinburne’s writing-related teachers and students. Hear from those who have made their mark in their artistic fields, sharing industry knowledge and ideas. The event is open to everyone, Swinburne or not, and if you have any interest in writing – any genre, any medium, any art form – then this is an event you simply cannot afford to miss. Enjoy the vast array of panels and workshops and the invaluable opportunity to network with your fellow literati. Free food and drinks will also be provided.
Monday 1 June
Join us for the Swinburne Writers Festival, part of the 2015 Emerging Writers' Festival.
- 10.30 am - 11.30 am | Teaching Writing and Editing: A symposium | The Wheeler Centre
- 6.00 pm onwards | PWE Readings Extravaganza | Thousand Pound Bend
Tuesday 2 June
- 12.30 pm - 1.00 pm | Festival Launch | Level 3 Atrium, AMDC
- 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm | What makes a Good Story | Level 3 Atrium, AMDC
- 2.30 pm - 3.30 pm | Self-publishing with Euan Mitchell | AMDC501
Wednesday 3 June
- 10.00 am - 11.00 am | Writing poetry with Dominique Hecq | AMDC502
- 11.30 am - 12.30 pm | The future of journalism | Level 3 Atrium, AMDC
- 1.30 pm - 2.30 pm | The perils and pleasures of writing a memoir | Level 3 Atrium, AMDC
Thursday 4 June