Vocational Education Studies Committee
The functions of the Education Studies Committees are—
- to review details of, and make recommendations to the Senate on, academic aspects of-
- applications for accreditation and reaccreditation of programs and registration of program components, as appropriate;
- applications for amendments to existing programs and program components;
- reports related to coursework programs, as directed by the Senate;
- applications for cessation of existing programs and program components.
- to consider programs and program components leading to academic qualifications as follows-
- in the case of the Tertiary Education Studies Committee – to carry out the functions set out in paragraph (a) with respect to all Swinburne qualifications above those referred to in paragraph (ii) below but excluding research programs that do not include coursework;
- in the case of the Vocational Education Studies Committee – to carry out the functions set out in paragraph (a) with respect to all Swinburne qualifications up to and including certificate IV (Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Levels 1 to 4).
- in carrying out the functions set out in paragraphs (a) and (b), to advise the Senate whether proposals-
- conform with the requirements of the AQF and the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF);
- meet internally and externally imposed quality and standards requirements, as appropriate.
TAFE Work Instruction